Toy Story Land: Everything You Need to Know
Toy Story Land, opening June 30, 2018, is the first of two brand new lands coming to Hollywood Studios. The approximately 11 acre addition will include three rides, opportunities for character interactions and a new quick service dining location.
When visiting Toy Story Land, you will “shrink” down to the size of a toy and enter Andy’s backyard. There you will be able to play with some of the creations he has made and interact with some of his other toys.
**Join our free Disney Planning Facebook group!**
Rides and Attractions
Slinky Dog Dash (new)
This family friendly roller-coaster type ride has been made by Andy with his Mega Coaster Play Kit. Hop aboard Slinky Dog and take a tour of the backyard!
This ride has a height requirement of 38 inches and will likely be a Tier One FastPass ride. Rider Switch is available.
Alien Swirling Saucers (new)
Climb into a flying saucer of your very own as the Aliens from the Toy Story movies bring you into space. Lucky guests may even be chosen by The Claw!
This spinning ride has a height requirement of 32 inches and will likely be a Tier One FastPass ride. Rider Switch is offered.
Toy Story Mania
Shrink down to the size of a toy and take part in one of Andy’s video games. Some of the characters from Toy Story appear as you shoot at moving targets in this 4D ride. There will be a new entrance through a carnival game box for Toy Story Mania once Toy Story Land opens. This popular ride has had a third track added to accommodate additional guests.
Toy Story Mania ride is for guests of all heights and all ages. It is a Tier One FastPass ride.
New FastPass+ Tiers?
Along with plenty of excitement, the opening of Toy Story Land on June 30 is likely to bring about a change in the tiered system of FastPass+ rides offered at Hollywood Studios. The new tiers will likely be as follows:
- Alien Swirling Saucers (new)
- Slinky Dog Dash (new)
- Toy Story Mania (current Tier 1 attraction)
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage (current Tier 1 attraction)
- Disney Junior Live on Stage
- Fantasmic! (current Tier 1 attraction)
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster (current Tier 1 attraction)
- Star Tours
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Guests are able to reserve a total of three FastPasses per day in one park. In Hollywood Studios, this means you can reserve one FastPass from Tier 1 and two FastPasses from Tier 2 (or 3 FastPasses from Tier 2).
Meet the Characters
While in Andy’s backyard, make sure to meet Sheriff Woody, Buzz Lightyear and Jessie the Yodeling Cowgirl (and possibly other characters too). It is rumored that they will be walking around Toy Story Land interacting with guests.
Related Post: A Complete Guide to Disney’s Memory Maker
Related Post: Best Alternatives to Autograph Books
Andy has turned his lunchbox into a dining area in the backyard. Woody’s Lunchbox will be a walk-up window serving Quick Service meals throughout the day. The following menu items were released by Disney on April 9, 2018:
- S’more French Toast Breakfast Sandwich
- Smoked Turkey, Eggs, Swiss, Peppers and Onions on Sourdough
- Breakfast Bowl (consisting of potato barrels, gravy and scrambled eggs)
Lunch and Dinner:
- BBQ Brisket Melt
- Monte Cristo with Raspberry Jam
- Totchos (potato barrels, corn chips, chili and cheese)
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Vegetable Macaroni Salad
- Potato Barrels
- Raspberry Lunch Box Tart garnished with icing and dried fruit
- Chocolate-Hazelnut Lunch Box Tart garnished with icing and caramelized bacon
- Grilled Cheese served with potato barrels and mandarin oranges
- Turkey Sandwich served with potato barrels and mandarin oranges
Available beverages include fountain drinks, Mystic Portal Punch and soda floats. Adults may enjoy the Grown-Up’s Lemonade cocktail, beer or hard cider. Dining Plans are accepted.
Are You Ready?
With the combination of the new rides, interactive characters and delicious menu at Woody’s Lunchbox, the opening of Toy Story Land is sure to be exciting. Will you be there this summer?
Related Post: Disney’s Summer 2018 Discounts Released
If you found this article helpful, you may want to sign up for our Disney course. It contains all of the necessary information to make your Disney World dreams come true! Learn more about it here.
What part of Toy Story Land are you most looking forward to experiencing?